©Mennonite Heritage Centre 2002
Last updated April 17, 2002
Title: Erie View United Mennonite Church fonds
Extent: 28 cm of textual records
Russian Mennonite immigrants settled in the Port Rowan area in the late 1920s. A group began meeting for worship in 1927. They were supported by the congregation in Vineland. They acquired their own meeting house in the late 1930s and expanded the building in 1957. In 1947 they formally organized themselves into an independent congregation. The membership was 40 members in 1950. In 1986 there were 44 members and in 2000 47 members. The leaders of the congregation were: Jacob Epp (1930-1935), Johann Reimer (1943-1994), Jacob Braun (1947-1958), Jacob Petker (1965-1994), Gerhard Peters (1972-1977), Tom Warner (1983-1990), Beverly Suderman (1992-1996), Jake Roes (1998- ).
The fonds contains bulletins (1972-1999), congregational meeting minutes (1979-1991), and annual reports (1978-1990).
Inventory file list available.
No restrictions on access.
Textual records have been deposited by the congregation at the Mennonite Heritage Centre. Described by Bert Friesen 12 March 2002.